Examiners conduct medical examinations to:
- Evaluate the overall health of the child
- Look for evidence of child abuse
- Reassure the child that the child’s body is still healthy and answer the child’s questions and concerns
- Make referrals for any needed follow-up medical or mental health treatment
When appropriate, the examination includes a forensic interview with specially trained child interviewers who concentrate on eliciting reliable statements about possible abuse and maximizing the amount of information gained from the child, given the child’s age, circumstances and readiness to talk. This information is used by different professionals who will ultimately evaluate the child’s statements.
- Thorough, uncontaminated fact gathering
- Long-term child protection issue
- The child’s current emotional well-being
At Juliette’s House we bring a variety of professionals together under one roof so families can access a full range of services in one centralized, child-friendly location. We introduce services quickly so children and families can begin healing.