How to make a report of suspected child abuse

If you are concerned that a child may be experiencing abuse or neglect, or living in a situation where they are witnessing domestic violence, please do not hesitate to contact Child Protective Services with your concerns.  It is our responsibility as community members to protect children who cannot protect themselves. You do not have to be certain—that is the job of investigators—and you are not required to give your personal information to make a report (although it can be helpful to professionals if you do). The child’s family will not be told who made the report.


If you believe the child is in immediate danger, please call 911.

To report your concerns, contact the dedicated Department of Human Services Child Abuse Hotline at 503-378-6704  (Yamhill/Polk County), Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm. To report in Tillamook County please call DHS at 887-302-0077.  If you are calling after hours and believe the child is in immediate danger, call 911.  You will be asked to provide identifying information about the child and the child’s location. You may also be asked to provide names (first and last) of others who are involved, the child’s date of birth, phone number of the child’s parent or caregiver, address where the child is living or staying, a summary of your concerns and whether the alleged suspect currently has access to the child or other children.


Don’t worry if you don’t have all of the information.  Tell the screener what you do know and why you are concerned.





You can also report suspected abuse to a local law enforcement agency. Here are numbers for the law enforcement agencies in Yamhill County.

McMinnville Police Department: 503-434-7307

Newberg-Dundee Police Department: 503-538-8321

Amity Police Department: 503-835-8606

Carlton Police Department: 503-852-7575

Yamhill Police Department: 503-662-3511

Yamhill County Sheriff’s Office: 503-434-7506