As the world seems to shift day-by-day,
Juliette’s House is still working to keep kids safe and healing. Naturally, we are taking this virus very seriously and hope you are too. As such, we have adjusted our operation accordingly. Here’s what we’re doing.
- Minimizing to only essential operation staff in our building
- Wiping down all surfaces/door handles multiple times each day.
- Washing hands throughout the day and using aerosol disinfectants
- Insisting every person who enters the building use hand sanitizer immediately upon entering the building.
- Having specific staff work remotely.
- Necessary group meetings are happening by conference call.
- Only providing assessments in cases where there are immediate safety concerns, cases of acute sexual/physical abuse or assault or in cases involving children five or younger.
- Rescheduling appointments with children/families who are symptomatic in any way.
- Asking our community partners not to attend assessments in person but to communicate with the team by phone before and after the evaluation.
- In-school and in-community trainings are suspended
- In-school workshops will be rescheduled when schools reopen
- Stewards of Children trainings are tentatively being rescheduled for May.
Please take good care of yourselves and be mindful of kids you may know that could be at risk (e.g. isolated, stressful home environments). Reach out and let them know you are there for them, that you are safe, and that you care. And please report any concerns as you need to – the number is at the top of this page or call local law enforcement. Thanks and be well.
Abuse Impacts Us All
When a child is abused the whole family is affected. Parents struggle with their own emotions while trying to provide support and guidance to their child. During this difficult time, families face a complex system of legal, medical and mental health issues, services, and support. No family should have to face it alone.
Needed Services that Help Healing Begin
At Juliette’s House, we bring a variety of professionals together under one roof so families can access a full range of services in one centralized, child-friendly location. We introduce services quickly so children and families can begin healing.
In cooperation with law enforcement and child protective services, we perform thorough medically-based evaluations using specially trained examiners and interviewers in a comfortable, home-like setting.
All allegations of child abuse deserve a skillful, complete assessment by specialized professionals. At Juliette’s House, we strive to make an accurate determination of child abuse with minimal trauma to the child. Our primary goal is medical diagnosis and treatment of alleged child abuse victims.